The state of New York is very much aware of the poor conditions in which many nursing home patients find themselves. Therefore they have tightened the rules for nursing home abuse in the state of New York. Understanding your loved one’s rights as a nursing home patient is the first step to protecting him or her from nursing home abuse.
According to the New York State Department of Health patients in a nursing home have several rights that protect them in the case of nursing home abuse. If any of these rights are breached, the patient and their families have the right to file a complaint. These rights include:
The New York State Department of Health takes nursing home abuse very seriously. If a complaint is made regarding a nursing home abuse incident, the Department conducts a surveillance of the specific nursing home to investigate whether proper care is given at the nursing home in question.
Google reviews of nursing homes
Physical signs of nursing home abuse
Removing your family member from a nursing home
- On average, 10 taxi accidents are reported each day.
- In 70% of those accidents, someone ends up getting hurt.
- Taxi companies arrange for a maximum of $100 000 per person for injuries due to a taxi accident and a maximum of $300 000 for all passengers combined.
- Taxi drivers’ income is directly related to their crash incidents. The higher their income, the less likely the driver is to make a taxi accident. The reverse is also true.
- Taxi passengers are more likely to be injured in a taxi crash than passengers in a normal car crash. This is partly because only 38% of taxi passengers wear seat belts compared to 90% seat-belt wearing passengers in private cars.
- Taxi drivers who own their own cars are less likely to be involved in a taxi accident than taxi drivers who lease their cars.
- One in every five car accidents in New York City was a taxi accident.
- Taxis are only involved in 16% of pedestrian crashes that lead to death or serious injury.
- The New York City Taxicab Fact Book doesn’t contain any stats on taxi accidents. Hmm…
- In 2014, the Upper East Side was the number one spot for taxi accidents with a whopping 2056 accidents occurring between March 2014 and April 2015.